Bedroom Makeover

It is almost finished, not quite. I think I need to paint the whole thing with another coat, so boring. When I think of the big things which had to be done, stripping out the ceiling for example, or taking up the horrible condo carpet (and the lino beneath), paint seems a small matter.DSC00309 DSC00312

I am well aware that it borders on stark but I love it this way, it doesn’t fuss at me or flick my fingernails. And it is very comfortable.

This entry was posted in House. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Bedroom Makeover

1. Gillianne says:

I think you’re right about another coat of paint, but the space is radiating serenity and welcome. Honest materials and good light + simplicity = a haven. Is your widely coveted driftwood headboard retired or rehomed?

2. Put down that brush! I kind of like it the way it is.

(Actually, it’s your bedroom. You do what makes you happy.)

3. Mary Ann says:

I think its gorgeous–love it!

4. sherry hart says:

Agree with Steve….perfection.

5. Jane coslick says:

It looks wonderful to me Can’t wait to see what you do?

6. tammy j says:

no no no. no more paint! no more anything!
    it is merely perfect.
    maybe stark to some people?
    it reminds me of what i would hope a little bedroom in the greek islands would look like.
    a little rustic. a little fine.
    light. airy. serenely simple.
    you nailed it.
    i’ve been waiting for a new post. I sure wasn’t disappointed!

7. Jess says:

I am always fascinated with how others decorate their homes… it is a look that is usually unique to that person. I prefer rooms that way.

8. it’s perfect. i love how the beautiful light plays on the walls. heavenly!