My New Role Model

Look at the mischief and determination in the crafty little eyes of Mere Denis.

That is hemp she is wading through, not flax, but that is hardly important. I like that she patently doesn’t give a bugger for anything other than her own purposes.

This entry was posted in Walks. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to My New Role Model

1. jen says:

Now that’s funny. Is it true that you’re not allowed to grow hemp in this country?

I think so – looks too much like something else!

3. Vicki says:

That’s who I want to be when I grow up, er… older :)

4. Miranda says:

My hero! Do you know that hemp could replace so many harmful practices; like logging for paper mills. Hemp makes beautiful paper. Hemp oil can replace many plastics, makes wonderful glues and adhesives. Can be molded. If we replaced cotton fields with linen and hemp we could conserve water and eliminate chemical pesticides which is killing our oceans and us.
    Sorry, I could go on and on. Can I stand on my soap box for one more moment ;) Reuse, repair, make do and invest in things that last. Even our clothing; wool, linen and hemp, so beautiful and so much more elegant than polyester.
    Thanks for posting the picture. Made me laugh!
    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
    Sincerely,
    Miranda
    SF Bay Area

5. Jane F says:

She looks like Julia Child’s imaginary demented auntie. But the hemp helps! Good stuff and great funny pic. Hope you had a lovely turkey day. Jane

6. Aina says:

Haha, made me laugh out loud ;) What a character !I like people who are themselves and follow their own path. They are the most interesting to talk to as well I wonder what her story are…

Thank you for sharing your opinion yesterday Tricia. Strange that something that insignificant can create that much worry ?

7. Loi Thai says:

LOL!!! She’s working that printed dress :)

Tricia, I saw your beautiful white linen tablecloth at my good friend and client’s house in Chevy Chase, MD. I had blogged about her kitchen with the antique terra cotta flooring. We all love it!!
    xo