Pesto Two

It did improve, so I’m quite happy with the pesto in the end. I wish to heaven I had thought to roast the pine nuts first like Mr A., it could only do good.

On a completely different note, a customer in Texas had mysteriously cut a large hole in her St Bart’s duvet, and I patched it for her: the result is not bad! Hope you are happy with it Nik ~

I feel the need for some dissipation and am going to L.A.. Don’t try to stop me.

This entry was posted in domesticity. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Pesto Two

1. Gillianne says:

Tidy patch, but I’m confused–thought the St Bart’s line was stripes? Or is it the colored linen used for the striped products? (The duvet also could have a new look with a stripe of a different hue stitched full width atop the hole.) Isn’t it encouraging that the owner wanted to mend rather than discard her damaged duvet, showing its value to her in a world that often sees marks of age and use as trash-worthy?

2. Vicki says:

The result is perfect!

I love old linen. And, sometimes, it needs a patch or two throughout the years..

Your mend is so well done – I love the character it gives! Like really old much loved teddies that have the odd patch from years of cuddles :)

3. stitchfork says:

Pesto looks good! My basil has sadly been zapped by frost. Your patch work lends the duvet even more character
    xo
    Cathy

4. Loi Thai says:

Ouch! That hole hurts….I would be upset :( But you did a beautiful job patching and mending it. The texture of the linen looks forgiving and hides well.

5. Jane f says:

Re: pesto, Never have toasted the nuts. I’ve always found the basil and the cheese affects the flavor more. But it sounds delish!

The patch looks great. I always find those add character. How lucky madam is to have you make that repair.

6. Angelica says: