After a long lull I am making progress on the wing chair.
I had bought the gray flannel fabric and draped it over and sort of got stuck there – it certainly looked better than the original. But then I found myself dreaming about it – how to fit the hammer-shaped cushion (tricky little diamond-shaped gussets), how to dip the legs so they look smart; and then today was rainy, so with the fire and candles lit, and tea and English muffins with honey (because I rendered honeycomb to harvest the wax which is another story), not wanting to work, NOT wanting to do housework, I got out my scissors and cut all the pieces.
I am pleased that this time I remembered to take ‘before’ pictures.
And even some ‘during’- just slice piping off so it doesn’t make a ridge (I wanted this chair Euro-sleek).
Made the seat cover first and the diamond gussets worked perfectly. This photo is of the side seam, as near invisible as I could make it. I want sleek.
Next step will be to pin the roughly cut and unshaped pieces together and trim them. I will work up from the bottom as I was lazy and used the selvedge all along the edge. No hurry! This is meant to be enjoyed.