Talented People!

Don’t you think someone has put something in the water for 2012? Things – enormous, varied, knock-you-sideways things have been happening two a day, and not only to me; other people have reported wonderful break-throughs.

In my case, exactly the machine I was praying for landed in my lap, so timely I glanced nervously over my shoulder to catch a glimpse of the tail of The Universe as it whisked round a corner. The very next day I was offered an invitation to consult. I adore giving advice! This is made for me!

A dear blog friend (you know who you are!) found a house in one day in a difficult market, another family is overjoyed at the prospect of a first baby. A lady of mature years has found love and is marrying. I almost feel that all the aphorisms have magically become everyday, and the thought becomes the deed.

The Webmaster was inspired this week to run a competition for customers to send us their photos of their Rough Linen bedding and table stuff and curtains, their homes and how they live, and if we used them they would get a $100 gift voucher. This is a marvellous way for us to see different settings and approaches, but would we get any response?

It helps that my customers are among the most aware and creative (and fast-acting!) on the planet. May I introduce our first guest, Mary Jo Hoffman from Minnesota, her husband Steve and puggle Jack? Mary Jo already has a photography blog which explains why her photos are so fresh and delightful – she has the eye!

(the feet belong to Steve)

I love it! I need an early night!

See all of Mary Jo’s photos here, contest here

This entry was posted in photos, Rough Linen. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Talented People!

1. jen says:

Great photo! Sounds like your year is off to a good start–hope it continues that way.

2. love the tail shot…so subtle and beautiful!

3. Charming shots Tricia!

4. stitchfork says:

Woot! Good things should be for you Tricia!
    Love Mary Jo’s photos and off to see more.
    xo Cathy

5. Daisymay says:

Love the first shot! Reminds me of home, my parents dog sleeps like that! lol!

Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home
    Why not enter my New Year New You Giveaways

6. leslie says:

i’m feeling optimistic about this year, so am crossing fingers about wonderful breakthroughs headed my way, too.

lovely pics. and lovely linens of course.

7. ok, things are totally fine over here, but not like what you’ve mentioned. Please send your penny via courier so I may give it a rub! Happy New Year, friend! M.

oh! oh! oh!
    i thought i was the only one to think that this year will hold the exact opposite of what the doom and gloom sayers are predicting! i think it will be a shaft of enlightenment somehow… so that all the creative people who love life and emit an energy of light will be surrounded by a new even greater energy… and then it will permeate to the rest of humanity.
    whoa. getting over the top here? don’t think so!!!
    okay. enough with the exclamation points. but i love the new rough linen in real homes idea.
    am off now to mary jo’s.
    love,
    tammy j

9. I just love when the Universe conspires in our favor;) What wonderful photos!

10. sherry hart says:

Just reading your words has made me feel I will be apart of this good fortune :) Off to see more worthy photographs.

11. How have I missed so many of your wonderful posts?! I love that shot of your linens with that cute pooch and some faceless feet…too cute!

Kat :)