New Year

New Year seems to be a time for harvesting advice doesn’t it? Gleaning and winnowing of course, to suit one’s own dear self, and to be quietly amazed at some offerings, always good for a snicker. So here are some:

from Advanced Style, six of ninety-nine year old Rose’s twenty tips:
10.”Be Happy, enjoy what you have at every moment!”
11.Stay Organized “If you take even a toothpick out, always put it back where you found it: time spent looking for it later is a waste of time.”
12.”Always tell the truth or you’ll have to think of another lie.”
13.”Be More, appear Less.”
16.”Never loan, Never borrow.”
17.”Never keep anyone waiting. Always be 15 minutes early.”
18.”Never look back. always look forward.”

There are others of hers I agree with, but I’m not there yet.

From Seth Godin : I couldn’t agree more.

For fun and pleasure I am turning to Desire to Inspire to party as it should be done. I am an introvert so you will find me here

while the party cavorts all over the rest of this amazing Queenslander. This will be my virtual reality tonight.

I learned that my vanity wasn’t dead, only resting.
I learned again that I truly love what I do, and believe in it.
I realised (again) that gardening, demolition and building are necessary for my sanity.
And that I am lazy when it comes to walking.

2011 has been an amazing year for me and Rough Linen, and I am going into 2012 heartened, excited and awestruck at everything which glitters before me. In 2011 I learned it is possible to work too hard (work smarter!), that it is possible to be a morbid optimist (lighten up!), and that I love to have bloggy friends – truly, it makes an enormous difference to my life every day, windows on worlds I could never have known.

Happy New Year to everyone!

This entry was posted in the meaning of life. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to New Year

1. marylou says:

Golden words to live by Trisha!! May 2012 be a kind and gentle year for us all((*_*)) Marylou

2. I love Rose’s advice, and thank you for giving us a window onto your world in 2011. It is a world where I could throw open the sash, step right in and stay for a spell!

Happy New Year!

Kat :)

3. Jo says:

I thought you’d like to share a bottle of Penfold’s Grange Hermitage on the virtual side verandah. Most of the party has well and truly died down. Now it’s time for good wine and good stories. Thank God I remembered the cork screw. Happy New Year!

4. I just happened upon your blog. Such sage wisdom I found here! And I agree with every one of her things on her list. A very wise woman indeed. Happy New Year!
    Brenda

hello good friend,
    i thought i was totally out step til i read “party of one” by anneli rufus.
    i don’t fight it anymore! you’d either find me on that porch or walking across the stream barefoot.
    i’m thinking you are very much like your linen art….
    smooth, simple, fine and well made.
    hope i can be the same moving into 2012!
    cheers,
    tammy j

6. The English Organizer says:

Happy New Year! Best wishes for a healthy & joyful 2012

7. Landbohaven says:

Jeg kom tilfældig forbi din blog.

Gode billeder.
    Tak for kigget.

Godt nytår.

8. Happy New Year, Tricia!! The rope tie back has simplicity written all over it. Love it!!

9. Caron says:

Happy New Year! Love your comments and your views on life. I promise to make the trek up to see you sometime when the dust clears this month.

Caron