Pansy Plum

We couldn’t hold out any more.

I had been scouring the pet rescue sites, coming back again and again to little puss faces and stories that called to me, when I saw this outrageous face, like a pissed off Jack Nicholson crossed with a black pansy. Her story was a sad one of serial neglect and abandonment, but the line that caught my eye was, “she is a funny cat who will make you laugh’.

'you can't handle the truth!'

She is, and she does. Her name is Dali (for the whiskers – Stefan couldn’t get his head around Pansy…)

This entry was posted in domesticity, Family. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Pansy Plum

1. Stitchfork says:

Oh my – that is Jack Nicholson in a cat! What’s this feline-with-attitude’s name?
    xo Cathy

2. She’s wonderfully cute. I think she could be a skinny cigar smoker and wear an ascot. Certainly she would play chess and if I were a mouse, I wouldn’t want that stare revealing my life was coming to an end. Plus she doesn’t even have to wax her whiskers to get them to curl…glorious! Good choice!

3. Ann Rose says:

Have been waiting here, in Oz, to see the new member of the family. Yes, we need someone like that nowadays!

4. liz says:

ahhhh . . . she looks like a sweetie!! Isn’t it amazing what love you can feel for a sweet little one like miss Dali . . . it only takes a few moments for them to claim your heart!! Such Joy she will bring to your lives each and every day :) xoxo – liz

5. Sherry Hart says:

That face is priceless…..I am sure she will have a personality to match :)

6. Andrea Hartman says:

Oh, I could just cry, she’s so doggone cute. Lucky Dali..I was hoping you would find it in your heart to adopt another fur baby!

7. Amy Dachs says:

…”Here’s Dali!!” I always knew that “all work and no play would make (you and Stefan)a dull duo…”, but now Jack’s alias, Dali, will lift up your hearts with laughter and love. Wow, she really is a little Jack, but stunning. So happy for you! Lulu’s departure has us waiting a bit longer, but animals are our portholes to the essence of love – laughter is key, so you chose wisely my friend! xoxo

8. Amy Dachs says:

“Here’s Dali!” Yeah! I always knew that “all work and no play would make (you and Stefan)a dull duo…”, but now Jack’s alias, Dali, will lift up your hearts with laughter and love. Wow, she really is a little Jack, but stunning. So happy for you! Lulu’s departure has us waiting a bit longer, but animals are our portholes to the essence of love – laughter is key, so you chose wisely my friend! xoxo

9. Stitchfork says:

Have to agree with your daughter TR – Dali!
    Hello Dali — Squirrel?!
    xo Cathy

10. Zany says:

I love her already! Your home must be brimming with attitude – but in for a penny. . . in for a Dali (ugh – too early.) My new job is keeping me on the run but I’m in the car a lot if you have time to talk! Congratulations on your new addition & I’m thinking of you!
    XO-Z

11. june says:

Just GORGEOUS. No wonder you couldn’t resist her !! And her name is purrfect.

12. Dee says:

I knew that you were weakening the other day when you said, no one to meet you. She’s a doll, wait til she really grows into her name. Congratulations!

oh grace kelly! you made a wonderful decision in every way! a rescued pet is special.
    but … girl or not … i can’t help thinking of her as jack! actually it might have been quite unique to the artist that you are to have a girl cat named jack.
    SHE might not have appreciated it though!
    love to all of you and lots of fun posts ahead,
    tammy j

14. Haha – how awesome. Congratulations Tricia, I’m so happy for you!

15. venezuela says:

My brother suggested I may like this blog. He used to be entirely right.
    This post actually made my day. You can not believe just how much time I had spent for this information!
    Thank you!

16. Timothy says:

My wife loves animals and she get involved on all animal rescue process, the people who gives their life to save animals deserve the heaven.