Suscipe Requiem

Suscipe Republic of Heaven, 5.1.90 to 7.8.11 ~ dearly loved

Suscipe the Magnificent, Suscipe the nobel-hearted, the bombproof, Suscipe the sweet breathed her last at noon today. She is lying in wake with candles by her bed, and tomorrow we will bury her at sea with lilies and catnip according to her last wishes.

She looked like a villain’s cat, all that long white fur and a slightly hooded, baleful glance, but she was the best cat we have ever had, I don’t want another.

This entry was posted in Family. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Suscipe Requiem

1. Kat says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, but I know that Suscipe lived a life full of love and one where she was cherished beyond measure!

Thinking of you!

Kat

2. Anne Marie says:

Oh Tricia…I’m so sorry for the hole in your life now….what a beautiful cat she was….so sorry!!
    (I love her name – what a terrific name!)

3. leslie says:

tricia, i’m so very sorry. what a lovely farewell, however…

4. Dee says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. I miss my fur persons tremendously, and I can’t bring myself to have another one.

5. Brismod says:

So sad when you lose a constant companion like Suscipe. Pets are irreplaceable, really. xx

6. Sorry for you. They come in and take over your life and heart, like children do. I hope your memories are all fond and over time make you smile rather than feel sorrow. M.

7. Stitchfork says:

Hugs to you Tricia on the loss of Suscipe. When they used to say mass in Latin, Suscipe was the start of a prayer. Faith, in Latin. Suscipe had a wonderful lifetime with you, and I have faith she is someplace good now too.
    xo Cathy

oh dear lady,
    i lost my beloved zekey to cancer last september and still i cry. he was a dog. only the best friend i’ve ever had in my life. he just happened to wear a fur coat.
    i can feel your loss.
    suscipe was simply beautiful. and what you say about her has touched us all.
    i have always visited your site but this is the first time i’ve commented. and i regret that.
    a great hug to you,
    tammy j

9. Really sorry to hear it…

10. Inka Smith says:

That breaks my heart..so sorry for your loss.
    Inka

11. Delores says:

I’m so sorry for your loss Tricia. I know that Suscipe was a beautiful, much loved kitty.

12. jane coslick says:

SOOOOOOO Sad . She was beautiful. I still remember the photo of her in the basket . the first time I discovered your blog and I thought.. linen and kitties love them both also.
    I just found the post and did not know. very sorry.
    JC

13. Dorothy B. says:

I was just catching up with you so read this only today. I’m very sorry for your loss. Our animal family members are so precious.

14. Andrea Hartman says:

Tricia, I’m so very sorry, sweet lady. I know you loved her dearly. Hugs, Andrea