What I have been doing

Not quite all work and no play because we have been for some fabulous meals this week – I didn’t grow up in the American tradition of casual meals out, but I have no trouble at all with gastronomic feasts several times a week! And today we will be enjoying a book-signing lunch for Graham Kerr, organised by the ever horizon-expanding Book Passage.This is my mother-in-law’s childhood napkin ring, carefully polished with wood ash the way Carolyn showed me.I have been making a lot of napkins – I always wonder how my clients conspire to order runs of things all at the same timeand then I amuse myself taking photos.

Have you seen the thrilling blog Advanced Style? Somehow just watching these joyful, serene women has enthused me to take a less grim attitude to personal style than I have in the past, and I have my own stylish mother and sister to inspire me as well – I’m quite glad she doesn’t go for the funny hats though…
(branching into McLinkyland with intrepid Sarah!)

This entry was posted in domesticity, Family, Rough Linen. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to What I have been doing

1. Stitchfork says:

Love that phrase – advanced style! Will hop over to see. Your mom absolutely has style, now see it runs through your whole family! Love those napkin rings and linens!
    xo Cathy

2. Nancy says:

Totally caught up with your blog now (at least all the wordpress posts), all videos (6)and with many of the blogspot, too! Spent the entire day with you..wish I had time to comment on all of them. I feel like I really know you! Incredible
    xox
    Nancy

That is so funny Nancy – you know sometimes I read back through some of my own blogs because it all disappears into a haze. I feel fortunate to be so busy at an age when many women get bored, and for me the blog is like a conversation with a benign universe – a conversation I forget having.

I’ll have to rein my husband in on the videos – I’m so used to him trying out new lenses etc on me, I don’t think he is going to do anything with them! We set up for the hospital corners and the duvet-stuffing ones, but the others were cinema verité. To think that blogging has existed for so short a time~

Best

Tricia

4. Maxabella says:

“Advanced style” has me chuckling a little. But I do love style at any age. I am quite over trends and ‘mutton dressed as lamb’ as we all pretend that we are permanently 22 and able to wear anything whatsoever. I’ll check out your new find. x

5. How was your book lunch? It sounds great.
    Your napkins are just wonderful… your clients are smart people!

• Tricia Rose says:

It was wonderful, a great lunch, and so good to catch up with Graham and Treena – we used to work together, and there has been so much water under the bridge since then!

6. Tricia says:

Hello Tricia Rose…it is Tricia from A Rosy Note :) Thanks for popping over to visit me the other day. I love your beautiful linen napkins!

7. naoko says:

love linen too.
    Those table sets linen are beautiful!!