Smooth Linen Sheets

I spent a blissful afternoon cutting almost a whole roll of the smooth white double width linen I commissioned, with many misgivings and inward quaking, nearly five months ago.

All the while that I was researching, getting samples and talking to mills, I asked myself if this was the right way to go and it had a kind of inevitability to it – if I wanted a strong smooth double width linen sheeting in the tradition of my natural Rough Linen, I simply had to get it made to my own specification.

I spent a lot of time seeing what else was out there: some was downright flimsy, some not cut on the square or with large stitching which offended me, and the only sheets which had the body and quality I wanted were very expensive. So, I did it.

This entry was posted in Rough Linen, the meaning of life. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Smooth Linen Sheets

1. A-Ma says:

If it feels right then it is right. You sound like you know what you are doing! A-M xx

2. Brismod says:

I love that clip with your rolls of linen. Who is your bird friend?

3. Tricia says:

That is Isabella, an African grey parrot, who likes to be sung to! She is the studio muse.

4. Delores says:

How exciting! Love your video, especially you serenading the bird!

5. Teresa T says:

So glad you took the leap!

6. Wow, really exciting! I get cold feet cutting any fabric, even cheapo remnants, so I’m totally impressed at your fortitude in taking the scissors to the ‘baby’ you commissioned!

7. Stitchfork says:

How exciting, your very own blend! Loved the video!
    xo Cathy

8. Oh Tricia how yummy, all that wonderful new linen you commissioned! Can’t wait to get a sample of that…would it make good duvet covers?

Kit