Balm to the Spirit

A wonderful weekend, a lull before the storm of warehouses, shipping agents and big burly truckers sweeps me off, prompted me to do something other now that I have made the phone calls and arranged the meetings.

Unbearably healthy muffins, sweetened only with dates but baked in my Marshall’s rose Bundt cake tin, liberally brushed with butter so each petal is crisp and delicious. Here’s the recipe:

1 cup frozen peaches, thawed

1 loose cup chopped dates

1 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup quick rolled oats

1/3 cup oat bran

1 & 1/4 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground coriander

1 egg

1/2 cup milk

2 ounces butter

Process. I put the peaches in last so they stay recognisable, with a handful of walnuts for luck. 350 degrees or thereabouts, until they smell good. Makes six, and one is plenty for a breakfast on the run.

This entry was posted in domesticity. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Balm to the Spirit

1. kerrie says:

I will definetly try these..just my kind of healthy muffin. Can I bake them in a muffin tin? I’ve never done Bundt before.

• Tricia Rose says:

Yes, you can bake them in a muffin tin, or in little ‘pokes’ of baking parchment, or cupcake holders. The Bundt pans show up all the time in Marshalls and Ross, don’t know why! I use mine for all sorts of cakes.

I chop the dates in the processor first, I should have said that!

2. Maxabella says:

Wow, what a great way to ‘fancy up’ muffins. They look like buttery French snails rather than uber healthy muffins! x

3. Leah says:

These sound delicious Tricia, I am definitely giving them a go!!

4. Laura says:

Hi Tricia Rose! Such a lovely blog…and thanks for this yummy recipe!
    I’m your newest follower!
    Laura@RicevereconStile

5. Stitchfork says:

Tasty, pretty and healthy – perfect combo!
    xo Cathy
    ps – enjoy your pun comments!!

6. a-ma says:

Oh they are perfection…. a must try. A-M xx

7. What an amazing recipe – almost too good to be true! Thank you!