Shamed…

With all the excitement of my birthday and the Apartment Therapy Design Showcase (you don’t know about that?!), on top of the sewing and the rest, I forgot to change the cat litter until Suscipe stood by my bed, staring, then firmly led me there…

She is the best, wisest, sweetest cat we have ever had – now twenty and a half…

14 Responses to Shamed…

1. A-M says:

Oh Tricia, congratulations on the design showcase! I voted for you!.. of course. My heart skips a beat when I see a beloved cat… my boys are yearning for one and I have promised them that when we are settled in a house, they will have one. Your little darling is well trained… they are so smart aren't they! A-M xx

2. Sheilla ~ Style de Bohême says:

Tricia, thank you for stopping by my blog and also for the kind words! You have one BEAUTIFUL kitty cat! It's amazing how smart our furry kids are! I'm looking forward to exploring your blog…I see we share many similar interests :)

3. Kerry says:

When I was growing up I lived next to an all white cat called Mary. Not a very imaginative name but she was wonderful. I googled Suscipe…'receive' in Latin??

Yes – it means 'hear me' or 'acknowledge me' in Latin – I was singing in a Gounod mass, and the tenors were bellowing Suscipe!, and I thought it was just the right name to call a little cat

A-M: the cat has trained me!

6. La Dolfina says:

Hi Tricia!
    Guess who's joining us at The Pointe tomorrow?
    Your lovely friend Caron :)
    We are planning on meeting up for fresh hot doughnuts at 9:30 sharp!
    I'm going to call you later today…
    xo

7. OneCraftyFox says:

What a cutie pie she is!! My kitty lets me know when her litter box needs a little scooping too, or when she wants her back scratched while she eats, lol.

Hope you are having a lovely long weekend :)

8. Third Avenue Style says:

Trica – you are a GEM – thank you so much for the link, it is really interesting & helping with the decision, which I have to say is turning out to be far harder than originally anticipated. In fact your link has actually made me reconsider white! I am going to check out the design showcase now – wow sounds exciting.

Katie

9. Blue Ridge Altered Art says:

I have a 17 year old cat and I truly know what you mean by they train us. My cat has never used kitty litter. She has always let me know when she needed to go out. More like a dog than a cat. We had a really bad winter with much snow, so I got the cheap kitty litter which she took to nicely. I made the mistake of changing litter on her and when the more expensive nice smelling, blue and gray litter was on sale 2 for 1 I got that. What did she do? Started going to the bathroom on the floor beside the litter box til I got her cheapo litter back. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. ~~Sherry~~

10. Robyn says:

It sounds like she has the PERFECT name! "hear me!" I Love it! She's incredibly lovely!

11. Robyn says:

OHH and congrats on the AT gig! ;-) I'm your newest follower!

12. sealaura says:

What a doll!! She is indeed so pretty!

13. Miri Leigh says:

She is a very special cat, and I’m honored to have met her in person a handful of times. They bring such grace to our lives. Lovely photo, she’s never looked better!

14. Nancy says:

what a sweetheart! what would we do without our four legged friends? I miss mine terribly when I travel. how wonderful that she is over twenty years old! must be all the love and care you give her!
    xox