What Have I Done?

Stefan doesn’t like my taste in lights. He’s right. I hate to admit it, but I have no taste in lighting. Something just comes over me the minute I try to rise above function.

My latest follies are my bedside lights, sturdy swing-arm efforts with white shades, predictable but not offensive until I tried to tart them up with a bit of leftover fishing net. Now all I need is red gingham cloths, a couple of Chianti bottles and a bad mural of Portofino and I could serve spaghetti at the sad end of Soho.

Another lapse is these hanging lights I couldn’t pass by – well, they were *free*, and I’m a sucker for seahorses. Works of aunt! Someone will love them. Maybe someone with a grotto.

They are sturdy and undamaged but the whole concept doesn’t go in my elemental cabin. Any takers?

P.S. What I really wanted for the bedside lights was straight-sided drum shades I planned to cover with maps. Can’t find them, and now my confidence is gone anyway…

8 Responses to What Have I Done?

1. brismod says:

Oh dear. I think it would work as a garden sculpture rather than a lamp, if you wanted to re-purpose it.

2. Gaia says:

You are so Funny!!!!

3. Blue Ridge Altered Art says:

When I am down and have had a bad day all I need to do is visit your blog and I can't remember what was so bad about the day. Thanks for putting a smile on this old face!!!

4. Karna says:

Love your work…..and love, love, love your header!

5. A-M says:

…. but I LOVE the fishing net lights…. I really do! A-M xx

6. abeachcottage.com says:

I don't think they need a grotto…how about outside?

stinking lovin the driftwood

sarahx

7. Atticmag says:

Lighting is, shall we say, personal. There are worse motifs than netting and shells. Thanks for stopping by. Jane F.

8. Galit says:

Tricia darling, I just *LOVE* your fishing net lights and think they are great!!!!!
    And as for the seahorses and shells thingy, my grandma had something very similar that I was mesmerized by when I was a kid so it brings back wonderful memories and I cannot not like it… By the way, I'm pretty sure she had a lousy drawings of Portofino to go with it… true story!!