A Day at the Beach

Does that look warm to you?
or welcoming…

We enjoyed out picnic huddled in the car in an icy wind, and I will say nothing rude about English weather again. This was Monterey!

Our new friend Caroline Campbell is preparing to film in China for eight months, and we took her our pole-cam. Her background is BBC, Natural History, so of course we practiced on her noble-hearted dog Coda~
isn’t it amazing that he just doesn’t seem to notice?

We went into Carmel too, and it was a zoo, so turned tail for home. Not a mad success as an outing really… some days are like that.

6 Responses to A Day at the Beach

1. Drawn to The Sea says:

What a lovely blog. (I loved your idea about pickling the buoys.) So glad to have found you.

2. Completely Coastal + Daily Vitamin Sea says:

Oh, oh, Monterey is THAT cold this time of year. We keep talking about how Northern CA could be just the right place for us (in the future), no snowy winters, no humid hot summers, fog (love that), a great city (San Francisco), awesome towns…, and plenty of rugged nature. I guess a few miles in and away from the sea, it would be sunny and warm.

Your buoy pickled idea sound great too!!

3. sealaura says:

wow i bet it was really cold. I was in monterey about 3 weeks ago and boy it was chilly. we had a beachy vacay but I wore my hat and long pants most of the time. Still any day at the beach is a great day.

4. fairmaiden says:

Somedays are like that on the northern cali coast! Thats why I prefer the foggy days…no wind, calm and warmer.

5. Struggler says:

Ah, yes, anyone who thinks that California is all swaying palm trees is sadly mistaken!
    The first time I visited Half Moon Bay (such a lovely name) I didn't even get out of the car, it was so rough outside. Admittedly, that was December, not July!

6. A-M says:

If it's any comfort, it is freezing here in sunny Queensland, skin cancer capital of the world. I have the heating on ! Unheard of! A-M xx