Lavender Festival

Wonderful fun clowning around on 100 degree heat in Sonoma today – it was for Father’s Day, so good thing the men were in touch with their feminine side!

Cissy and I came away sporting pale lavender fingernails, first manicure I have had in years~ normally my hands work hard and my toes have all the fun.

We did have a little wine too, and an unusual Chicken Caesar, with lavender aioli. I also had lavender baked beans, don’t ask for the recipe…

11 Responses to Lavender Festival

1. brismod says:

Look at all that gorgeous lavender. How unusual to have lavender aioli…but I guess it was a lavender festival!

Too right it was unusual! I like lavender tea…

3. fairmaiden says:

Awe…I want to go! I wish I had know about it. I just posted some lavender today. Lavender nails, wine, but no lavender beans for me! Looks like you all had a great time…was there any lavender beer?

No, but lavender beer sound interesting. They did have free samples of lavender lemonade, and some lavender truffles, and of course long fields of lavender to cut – even lavender beehives! All sold out of lavender honey when we went on Sunday.

5. Maya @ Completely Coastal + Daily Vitamin Sea says:

And there's lavender herbs too…, just read that on another blog!

6. Iva says:

I love lavender!!! {errr I just dont think I want it in my beans LOL }

7. Kirsty says:

Hi Tricia,
    thanks so much for your advice on my painting… I'm thinking exactly the same thing! I'm going to do a few touch ups and tone down the waves.
    I just loove your middle photo in this post.. How goreous..
    Thanks for visiting!

8. A Perfect Gray says:

that lavender is beautiful. wish we had those fields on this coast!

9. Jenny says:

I LOVE lavender. It has to be my favorite scent!!

10. La Dolfina says:

Oh my, I wish I had known about this lavender festival… it looked amazing. I can smell it through the screen, or at least I'm trying!!!
    xo

11. jules @ The Diversion Project says:

that looks like heaven, can only imagine how good it smelt!