Tags! Fait a la Main!

These humble little tags look so simple, but in the end I made them myself – silly really, I could have started like that! Somewhere in my head was the memory of simple manilla labels with a white ring reinforcer and plain white twine, but I couldn’t find them.

Of course half my trouble here in the US is working out whether I am calling them by the correct American name. I did find some yesterday but they were too fancy.

So, as I was making a cup of tea, suddenly I saw the divider between the teabags with new eyes. Cut it down, cut corners, made holes, and here are my tags!

Ooooh, I must tell Karen at http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/ !

These are for my own use only, since I need to keep my stock folded and identifiable in a small space, and not have to unfold King duvet covers and refold them every time I check.

As my mother would say, “A wee thing amuses a wean.”

P.S. I have just entered this superb creative endeavour into http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/2010/05/frugal-friday.html, so I shall probably be cringeing in shame tomorrow as I see how other people have transformed old tin cans into chandeliers, and made ball gowns from velvet curtains….

12 Responses to Tags! Fait a la Main!

1. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

I really like the idea! I'm thinking now that it might be a good idea for my linen closet – easy for the kids to tell what size sheets they are looking at without unfolding and wadding back up the entire thing. Thanks for the idea!

2. Becky Jean says:

Those are my favorite kinds of crafts. The ones that come from out of the blue. Great job :)

3. carolyn says:

I love your little tags and how you used them. There really is nothing worse than unfolding a sheet to find out it's the wrong size. Not to mention how pretty they look with their ribbons and tag. Thanks for sharing this.

4. The Starr Family says:

Absolutely resourceful… what a fantastic idea and I love the idea of tying them to your linens! Thank you for sharing this… and you should feel NO shame whatsoever!

5. Scottfamily says:

It is the most simple of ideas that make our lives just a little bit easier. Thank you for sharing. With 5 kids, it'll be so much easier to make our linen closet work better for them AND me. Thanks.
    OH I just wandered in from your link on the Shabby Nest.

6. Em @ Bunch of Scrap says:

You are funny! This is a great idea! Thanks for giving us a little inspiration to be "green" and up-cycle :)

7. Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia says:

I'm in love with your tags! Have a wonderful weekend, thanks for stopping by!

8. Emily says:

Love it! I love the simple ones. Sometimes, those require the most "outside the box" thinking!

9. Sugar And Stockings says:

How adorably practical! These would dress up my cookie packages so nice, and if there's one thing we've got laying around this house is old paper and cardboard.

10. A Room For Everyone says:

Ha ha, yes there are some clever people out there. I love your tags, good job! Rachaelxx

11. NicNacManiac says:

FAbulous tags…I actually live in Canada but found a large box of about 500 at the stationary store and they are called shipping tags, they are quite inexpensive.
    Just found your world and am so in love with all of your bedding!
    Happy Weekend xOxO

Shipping tags! Thank you!