Driftwood Headboard

I woke early yesterday thinking, “What am I waiting for?”, dragged out my chop saw and nail gun and assembled the driftwood headboard which had been gestating for ages.

I love it and it is comfortable too, given the big shams which sit behind the pillows. What to do with the upholstered headboard now?

8 Responses to Driftwood Headboard

1. Sarah says:

I absolutely LOVE your headboard! I am about to buy a new bead that doesn't have a headboard and I live on the beach with plenty of access to driftwood and really want to attempt a project like this. If you would be willing to explain the steps you took to make it, I would really appreciate it!

2. Tonia @Chic Modern Vintage says:

I just love nature, I have a few pieces of driftwood that I found here and there.

3. FROM THE RIGHT BANK says:

Oh my, this is your bed?? I saw this image somewhere before and thought it was just fantastic. I had no idea it was a DIY project! It is just stunning and I love your bedding as well. You must love going to sleep on that every night. Thanks so much for participating in the challenge!

4. A Perfect Gray says:

wonderful!

5. FROM THE RIGHT BANK says:

I thought I posted a comment here yesterday but don't know what happened to it . . . anyway, I just wanted to thank you for participating in the challenge. I can't get over that you made this headboard yourself. It is fantastic – truly a work of art!

6. Cara says:

great choice!
    <3 Cara

7. Nita {ModVintageLife} says:

How fantastic! I love it. What a great idea. I love the varied grays in it.

8. Gifts of Serendipity says:

I just found your image at 'The Right Bank' and had to pop in and say, if I hadn't posted my image of a dreamy hammock to snooze in, I would have chosen your bed = dreamy.

Felicity